Skip to main content

Dealing with Mother - or - Who is This Woman?

She's like fat Persian cat sitting on a satin pillow waiting for the world stroke her silky hair, at her bidding of course.
She thinks it's a privilege when she lets you sniff her puckered cat ass. Surely the entire world is interested in a whiff.

You don't know how often I wish I could once again just be her daughter... not her maid, her cook, her legal secretary, her chauffeur, hair stylist and general caretaker.
She doesn't need any of the above except the transportation part, good god she should never again be behind the wheel.
(OK maybe some help with the hair for church too)

She sits in her chair and reads, watches TV and cheats at crossword.
She doesn't talk to me much and she wants to be fed.

Everything I knew about her, every enjoyment I once shared with her is gone. This is not the woman I experienced as a child or as an adult. I would not choose to spend time with this person, I would not chose this person as a friend.

I don't think it matters to her that it's me... I don't think if I were gone and someone else was doing her bidding that she would miss me.

What she would miss, is if someone wasn't there to wait on her... anyone will do.
© Dove

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marc Chagall, Painter of Symbols

I was recently shopping calendars at Barns & Noble when I came across a Marc Chagall edition. I fell in love with his symbolism, which I have been researching the past few days. His frequently repeated subject matter was drawn from Jewish life and folklore; he was particularly fond of flower and animal symbols Use of symbolism I gleaned from the web, in most cases I've tried to add my own thoughts. I'm not an art historian so my thoughts are just my thoughts. Personally the notion that the horses in Chagall's paintings only represent freedom seems absurd. Horses were work animals, they plowed fields and pulled carriages and wagons. Nearly every painting with a horse it seems to portray strength, support, commitment and loyality. In one painting the horse is painted directly on the crotch of the male subject... duh, looks like sexual prouness to me. Cow : Substainer of life. Another notion is that Chagall is striving to unite the bestial and the rational, the spontan

Snow is fun - Ice is scary ©

We woke up to -14 this morning. That's not a very nice way to greet the birthday girl. (yes today is my birthday) I don't even know what it is with windchill factored in *shivers* 20 below maybe? 25? I worry my mom's poodle with freeze her little poodle ass before she gets her "business" done. I love the snow and we still have plenty of it, but it's hard to get my head around 14 below. There is ice on the inside of some of our windows, ice I tell you... ice forming inside our house. I tried to talk Matt out of going to work, I told him not to drive near any water... why? Because if you slide off the road that's not so bad.. but if you slide off the road into water... now that's bad, really bad. OK, I admit that I have an abnormally deep fear of "Black Ice" (you have to say "Black Ice" with a creepy ominous voice) They always warn you to be careful of "Black Ice", they say you can't see "Black Ice", and that

Making Malt Vinegar ©

Malt vinegar is made from malted barley. Rather than malt my own barley, which I do not know how to do, I decided to use a bottle of Guinness and 1 cup of Braggs Apple cider vinegar. Braggs is a living vinegar and as the starter should do the trick fairly quick and easy. I began my vinegar on February 18th by pouring the Guinness and Braggs into a small crock and placing it in the pantry. I covered the crock with a cotton fabric to keep dust and such out and let air, wild yeast and such in. By February 24 a short 5 days later I checked my concoction and found a mother was forming! The vinegar mother was not a solid layer, but a bunch of small globules floating on the top... so I guess I didn't have a mother, I had a litter *L* It was only a couple more days before I had a healthy mother completely covering the top of my Malt Vinegar. Now some people say when the mother sinks the vinegar is finished. When brewing other vinegars I never went by the "sink theory", I go by t